- Club Info and Updates
- 2023 Membership Renewal is now open to not have a gap in your membership if you have not already renewed for the 2023 annual year. Current status: https://www.sdhgpa.com/current-membership-status.html
- USHPA is rolling out new Chapter Renewal & Insurance rate changes. Details coming
2. Site info Updates:
Reminder that 2023 parking passes are needed at Palomar.
3. WX Station updates:
Laguna station having sporadic on/off issues, similar with Little Black, where batteries run
down. Discussed a couple possible solutions:
- Put one of Josef's new stations at Laguna
- Move Holfuy station from Palomar to Laguna
Next steps to work on WX data Network feeds. Joseph could use some help programming the data feed. Specifically, help w/ Typescript from back-end Google Firebase. During the meeting, we had an awesome volunteer from Kevin Sweeney to help out. Thank you Kevin!!!!
4. Windsocks - Ordering some more windsocks
5. Chapter renewal and Annual Safety Review is due to USHPA Feb 15th.
- Round up of Accident Reports
- Start of Risk Assessment & Site Guide Review. Steve updated site guide for Palomar
6. Calendar for the Year:
2023 Fly-Ins Dates:
- Tentative March/April 2023 for Fly-in and awards
- Fall Fly-in ~October 2023 or early November
7. Palomar point series registration and scoring page is up!
The SDHGPA Palomar XC Point Series is an educational, task based, out and back style race-to-goal held at the Palomar Mountain paragliding site. The inaugural season will be held from January through April of 2023. It will run in two more seasons each (May-August and September-October) if there is continued interest in a year round contest. The series is free to enter for all SDHGPA Members as a membership benefit. Launch is the standard Palomar Mountain launch.
Scroll to the bottom of the page above and give it a test if you fly one of the tasks this month.
Kudos to Cam, Ana and Robb Milly for putting this together! Awesome job!
8. For future meetings, we are looking for awesome topic presenters who would like to share their knowledge/lessons learned/tips. Possible topics areas are listed below. If you would like to share some knowledge, please email the board.
- Using Flyskyhy for Tasks (Palomar Point series)
- Using xctrack for Tasks(Palomar Point series)
- Using XC Soar for Tasks(Palomar Point series)
- Other instruments? (Flytech . . .)
- Things to work on to build your flying skills
- The Classic SD XC routes:
- SD Thermaling Clinic topics