After some recent emails and conversations with some of our Site Land Owners, the SDHGPA Site Guide information has been updated with clarifications at the request of the Land Owners. Please pass this information on to your fellow pilots as some pilots are not in our current distribution.
This past week, a Dirt Bike rider accessed the Smiley Launch area via our access trail and created deep erosion promoting ruts. The rider was possibly enticed out to the area to investigate multiple (10+) wind streamers/ flags that were left standing in the launch area.
The Upper Palomar Smiley Launch site is sensitive. Our continued use hinges on our ability to follow the site protocols and, unfortunately, the actions of others that may be trespassing onto the land behind us. We need to do our best to discourage use by others by trying to keep the launch fairly stealth when not in use.
Please remember that the access trail must be blocked and “bat cave” disguised after our use. Also, all wind streamers and windsocks must be removed or lowered and out of sight at the end of each flying day as the last vehicle is retrieved or leaves launch.
The Blossom LZ Land Owner has asked his New Green House Lease Holder and Ranch Hands to enforce No Trespassing and restrict land use to approved users as part of his Lease Agreement.
Please note and remind other pilots that the Blossom LZ Land Owner has only granted recreational land use access to Current SDHGPA members. The Land Owner considers Non SDHGPA member access or use of the LZ as Trespassing.
Always carry your current SDHGPA membership card and be prepared to show it if landing in the Blossom LZ.
For full updates and current site info, please review each site protocol before flying.
127 S. Rios Ave, Solana Beach CA 92075 (Greg's SDHGPA Club House)
6:30 - Mixer & BBQ (BYOB) @ Greg's SDHGPA Club House down side driveway
7:30 - General Meeting & Topics:
- Club Info & Updates:
- Topic: XC Clinic Part 5 - Weather Tools and Site Calls (Thomas Keefer)
1) Join SDHGPA (http://www.sdhgpa.com/membership.html)
2) Follow or add the Official SDHGPA Google Calendar to your own calendar app to make it easier to follow SHDGPA meetings and events. https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=sdhgpa%40gmail.com&ctz=America%2FLos_Angeles
3) Like and Follow SDHGPA on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/SDHGPA We have also given our Facebook page a face lift and are in the midst of repairing / updating the website to improve our communications. Like and add SDHPPA to your interest list to stay in the loop:
4) Join the SDHGPA Twitter circle for day of flight planning and flight reports. Join twitter, then follow @SDHGPA then follow who you want to follow from who SDHGPA Follows or Follows SDHGPA and so on with who you like to follow and communicate with.
5) Follow the SDHGPA RSS Feed: http://www.sdhgpa.com/minutes-news--articles.html or http://www.sdhgpa.com/1/feed