SDHGPA, (San Diego Hang Gliding and Paragliding Association), is a local chapter of USHPA, (United States Hang Gliding and Paragliding Association). USHPA membership is required ** and by submitting my Annual or Visiting SDHGPA Application / Renewal, by proceeding to Payment, I agree to maintain USHPA membership in good standing when flying and or participating in SDHGPA activities.
**(Non Rated Students may Join and Fly SDHGPA sites if and only if under the direct supervision of their instructors)
By proceeding to Payment, I also reaffirm I have read in full and agree to the USHPA Association Liability Release that extends to SDHGPA as a local chapter.
International Visiting Pilots:
USHPA Membership is required in addition to your Foreign Ratings. It is best to have your IPPI Cards prior to arriving in the States.
For the full details, see International Visiting Pilots info under Membership FAQ:
SDHGPA Membership Options
If you choose not to use Online Checkout and prefer to download and snail mail in your application
(Not Recommended - takes 1 -2 months to receive cards):
Thank you for supporting your San Diego free flight community and helping to maintain and preserve our sites. People like you make it possible for us to continue supporting free flight in San Diego County.
Sincerely, San Diego Hang Gliding and Paragliding Association.
Please Note and remember:
Some of our flying sites including Palomar, Blossom and Laguna REQUIRE you carry your SDHGPA membership card along with your USHPA card in order to fly.
Vehicle ID/ Gate Pass is required to be displayed on your front driver side dash for all Palomar Launches and the Pala LZs. It is also a good idea to display this ID at all of our flying sites as a safety measure when cars are remaining at Launches or LZs at the end of the day.
Gate Codes will not be given out or shared with visiting pilots. Visiting pilots can only gain gate access with a Full Member guide present.
How to Stay in the Loop?
1) Join SDHGPA as a Full Member (note Visiting Pilots will not be included in Meeting and XC Clinic Notices and other SDHGPA e-mail, nor have full site access without a local guide)
2) Follow or add the Official SDHGPA Google Calendar to your own calendar app to make it easier to follow SDHGPA meetings and events. https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=sdhgpa%40gmail.com&ctz=America%2FLos_Angeles
3) Like and Follow SDHGPA on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/SDHGPA
Like and add SDHGPA to your interest list to stay in the loop:
4) Join the SDHGPA Twitter circle for day of flight planning and flight reports. Join twitter, then follow @SDHGPA then follow who you want to follow from who SDHGPA Follows or Follows SDHGPA and so on with who you like to follow and communicate with.
5) Follow the SDHGPA RSS Feed: Blog / RSS Feed: http://www.sdhgpa.com/minutes-news--articles.html or http://www.sdhgpa.com/1/feed on your favorite RSS Web News reader.
The RSS feed is our Blog that replaced the old SDHGPA news letter. This on our web site under the SDHGPA navigation tab.
(Also a great option for those that chose not to use Facebook)
6) Add SDHGPA@gmail.com to your email contact List