1. Planning for radio frequency switch due to 144.950 being a repeater band.
Jeff B is talking with TASMA to see if they could allocate a frequency
Please try 145.525 or 145.600 when you're out to see how busy they are. Reference links:
Nik thought Blossom had been sold, but it turned out that only a small chunk of the property on the south side of Quail Canyon road had been sold.
- -Point Rat Series in UT: http://www.uhgpga.org/event/point-rat-series/
- -Other series using the same SW: http://freeflightcomp.appspot.com/
- -Santa Barbara Free Flight Hoe Down
- -CSS Cross Country Rodeo (Just starting but they need to reformat/ scale back to comply with the guidance along with submitting Risk Management and other)
Butch suggested we hold a "Rookie meet". Experienced pilots are paired with rookies, the mission is to get your rookie to a specific goal. This got lots of thumbs up!
- Need some members to volunteer to organize & run the activity
- Lay out the Comp and select scoring platform
- Waypoints for each site, keeping in mind safety factors for intended pilot base
- Risk Management for the Waypoint Comp activity
- Update the Site Risk Management Documents in the RRRG system with a Change request.
- If we did things right, it could be accepted, could be included as a normal day of flying activities. (better and more flexibility)
- If activity gets pushed out of a normal day of flying, would need to apply for ACE coverage for the activity. (like the NorCal XC League)
a. Bill’s forecasting and recent forecasting updates have been awesome, thanks Bill!
b. Some great videos on the subject added to the SDHGPA YouTube playlist
i. Lisa Verzella Explains XC Skies (NOAA Pilot) on Cloudbase Mayhem / Gavin's
ii. Top 10 Wind Forecast Models
iii. SD Weather Overview, V1
5. Site guide updates (SDHGPA Site Guides)
-syncing data with USHPA/RRRG data
-goal is to produce a template for any club to use
-site guide for Blossom will be the first one
-raw video has been shot and is being edited and worked on
Bill Helliwell recommends we submit that video for a “best USHPA video” award
6. Blossom Safety and Landowner relations at the Base of El Cap
a. landing north of the power lines on El Cap, where to navigate to and where to hit the road
7. July Meeting: Q&A with USHPA Executive Director Martin Palmaz July 16 2020
8. Nik's advice: Keep the banter a little friendlier. My personal guidance on this: aim for fun, joy, and building things up. Stay away from controversial non-flying issues. BUILD the community wherever we can.
Next club meeting suggested topics:
- -USHPA Exec Director Martin Palmaz Q & A
- -how to use websites to understand weather and how to use all the latest gear.
- -Butch asked for help using all the sites and geeking out on his gear. Maybe hook him up with Connor?
- -Brad updated property knowledge on Blossom. We’re safe for now.
19:38:49 From Jeff Brown : http://www.tasma.org/repeaters/2m-repeaters/
19:38:56 From Jeff Brown : http://www.tasma.org/TASMA-2m-Band-Plan.pdf
19:42:17 From Jeff Brown : Maybe try 145.525 or 145.600
20:00:48 From tom zylak : Blossom sign-in book, with a space for USHPA#?
20:01:36 From Nik H : Interesting idea Tom.
20:06:18 From Nik H : Love the Rookie Meet idea.
20:07:32 From Scott Larson : as a rookie, that sounds very cool!
20:16:25 From Jason Virskus : There's a free app called Drone Deploy that you can use for creating 3D models also. Very cool
20:16:57 From Jason Virskus : https://www.dronedeploy.com/