However, there are new Protocols worked out with the Pala Roberts Ranch for checking in and out with Tribal Security and a few other protocol updates. Make SURE you read this!
- All SDHGPA Membership Status must be checked for complete application and waiver submission.
- Weekends: Each person accessing the Site must be logged in and out through the Pala Tribal Security Dispatch by calling (760) 742-0548 prior to accessing and leaving the site. (Carpooling or groups of pilots can call in with names, USHPA #, and license plates of each vehicle, but each pilot is responsible for making sure that they have been checked-in and out). On Saturdays if ranch hands are present, introduce yourself.
- Weekdays Monday – Friday (Once reopened): Each person accessing the Site must log in and out in the Ranch Office. Check in with the Ranch Office Manager (Clarissa). If the Ranch Office is closed when checking in or out, call Pala Tribal Security Dispatch (760) 742-0548 with names, USHPA #, and license plates of each vehicle.
- All Vehicles must display current SDHGPA vehicle ID/ gate pass. This includes All Vehicles accessing the site: driving through, parked, or unloading / shuttling pilots from LZs to Launch. This also helps to account for all pilots at the end of the day.
- Parking in Main LZ: All vehicles must park south/west of building. Click on adjoining image for a visual guide. Do NOT park in front of roll-up doors, shade structure, any gates, or driveways. (Vehicles can load HGs from the LZ tear-down area but cannot be left unattended.)
- All Pilot trash should be packed out - Do Not use the Ranch dumpsters.
- If leaving a cooler or other equipment in LZ, tape a spare membership card to the items so that it can be identified as having a reason to be there. Otherwise, nothing can be left in the LZ unattended.
Thanks & Safe Flights