Flying Site Status with all of the COVID-19 Closures. We will try to update this list as we receive updates, but no guarantees and always check the referencing links.
If you have or know of any updates, please let us know and we will update this list.
- Palomar - watch out for drilling rigs, dirt mounds & other Hazards, look for new parking lot area, walk Palomar before you fly the site.: via Bill H: well pipe, about a 1’ in diameter and 4’ high in / near original Approach path. The Ranch is requesting that we land to the NW side of the building where HG typically land.
- Laguna (Lower Cliff Launch): Open (only if flying the HG Cliff Launch)
- Horse: OPEN
- Big Black: OPEN
- Little Black - Black Mountain Open Space : OPEN
- Blossom - keep it Chill
- Otay is probably open
- Laguna: Upper Launch & EQV LZ: CLOSED (State Park and the Upper Launch being in the State Park is technically Closed due to COVID-19. The Earthquake Valley LZ is closed (being in the State Park. All entrances to Anza-Borrego (Earthquake Valley) have been fenced off with tape. Nothing has been put on our gate at the upper launch. Rangers unlikely to be cool about us going to the upper launch as the PCT is marked as being closed.
- Torrey Pines Glider Port: CLOSED - Was OPEN for Solo Flight and Instruction with social distancing conditions but closed again due to not following provisions with Tandem flights. Check in with the TPGP office for TPGP status updates.
Be sure to check the PDF List at the Above link as some of this may change. Note that larger/ higher use areas and trails remain closed. The following areas are open or closed for Passive Use only (walking, jogging, or hiking). We have no formal interpretation if this included passive Free Flight)
- Black Mountain Open Space (Little Black) : OPEN
- Torrey Pines City Park, Shoreline Parks (also known as Glider Port): as a Park is CLOSED, including pilots
- Black Mountain Ranch Community Park (Ball Fields / Kitting Location): OPEN
- Hilltop Community Park (Kitting Location): OPEN
- Hilltop Recreation Center: CLOSED
- Kate O. Sessions Neighborhood Park (Kitting Location if south): OPEN
- Mission Bay Park (Kitting Locations): Tecolote Shores and Most locations: CLOSED